Job Title: Receptionist
Department: Madison County Prosecutor’s Office, IVD Child Support Division
Employment Status: Full Time FLSA
1. Answer telephone, greet visitors, determine nature of call/visit, and respond to questions and/or direct caller or visitor to appropriate person or agency.
2. Gather client files when required or route new clients and files to appropriate staff member or agency.
3. Schedule or reschedule client appointments.
4. Receive and sort daily mail, pull returned letters, check addresses, and update client contact information.
5. Scan filings into case management systems.
6. Create and update case files with new addresses and information received.
7. Verify proper signatures in petitions for support and papers and petitions to modify.
8. Assist participants with establishing paternity, support, and enforcing support.
9. Complete reports regarding case maintenance, as required.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to maintain accurate and orderly case files.
2. Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, other county departments, and the general public, including sensitivity to professional ethics, gender, cultural diversities, and disabilities
3. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
4. Ability to operate basic office equipment: i.e., computer, copy machines, and scanners.
5. Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to maintain strict confidentiality
6. Strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Work Hours: Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Non-discrimination: The Madison County Prosecutor’s Office does not discriminate in employment, or the delivery of services based on age, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.
Madison County is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary: Starting salary of $28,759 + full county benefits.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and three references by mail or email to:
Chief Administrative Officer Heather McClain
Madison County Prosecutor’s Office
16 East 9th Street, Box 5
Anderson, IN 46016