Job Title: Legal Secretary
Department: Madison County Prosecutor’s Office
Employment Status: Full-time
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: This individual is responsible for assisting the deputy prosecutors.
1. Prepare new cases/filings for deputy prosecutors. Scan documents into case management system. Copy CDs and download video and media. Send out Input Letters / Subpoenas to police officers.
2. Pull Case Reports, Lab Reports, and Toxicology Reports.
3. Process E-Filings and assign to Deputy Prosecutors as needed.
4. Type Charging Informations, Non-Jail and Jail Charges, check probation status, and file in appropriate court.
5. Prepare various legal filings as directed by a deputy prosecutor.
6. Prepare discovery and provide to defense attorney and file corresponding discovery compliance.
7. Assist deputy prosecutors for bench and jury trials.
1. Must possess a high school diploma or its equivalent.
2. Prior experience as a legal secretary is preferred but not required.
3. Excellent communication skills.
4. Professional Attitude and Appearance.
5. Good organization skills.
6. Ability to operate well under pressure.
7. Fundamental computer skills. High proficiency is preferred.
8. Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers.
9. Ability to multi-task, complete assignments effectively amidst frequent distractions and interruptions.
Salary: This position receives a initial salary of $35,292 with full benefits available through Madison County and will raise to $37,292 once training is complete.
Physical Demands: An employee is required to communicate clearly. This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in an office setting, sit for prolonged periods of time; and operate office equipment including a keyboard and computer. Reasonable accommodations can be made.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work: This position is full-time. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with the possibility of extended hours dependent upon court schedule / projects.
Non-discrimination: The Madison County Prosecutor’s Office does not discriminate in employment, or the delivery of services based on age, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability. Madison County is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications: Interested applicants should submit a complete resume and three references by mail or email to:
Chief Administrative Officer: Heather McClain
Madison County Prosecutor’s Office
Attention: Chief Administrative Officer Heather McClain
16 E. 9th St., Anderson, IN 46016
Deadline for Applications: Monday, June 6, 2022